Posted by: paragon | December 29, 2008
Howto: Reset Astaro Security Gateway to Factory Default
|Product Version: Astaro Security Gateway V5 and later
- A factory reset can be useful in case of a problem with the machine or when the webadmin can not be reached via the network due to any misconfiguration.
This document describes the way to do a factory-reset when there is only a root-login via console or SSH possible.
With ASG appliances a factory reset can be done by either the front panel buttons or using the same options as software with ssh or console.
- The short facts about a factory reset are:
* sets back all configs, license, accounts, passwords, certificatess to their original state
* deletes logs, proxie caches, accounting and reporting data and uninstalled up2dates
* the software version is maintained, that means all applied up2dates and pattern updates are kept
* the machine is not neccessarily in the same state like after the original installation
Regard especially the last point which means that in case of any hand made changes on the console the factory reset will not necessarily fix the installation again.
Access to SSH or console with root passwords:
In case of a problem a factory reset can be done by the console as root with the following command:
No Access to SSH or root passwords are lost:
Connect a keyboard and monitor to the system.
Power restart the unit and wait for the boot: prompt to appear
boot: default factoryreset
After that you can log in via the Webadmin on https://ip.you.defined.on.installation, set your passwords right and license again and start all over, or insert a working backup.